Saturday, January 7, 2012

Charlotte Rocks House Beautiful: February Edition

20120107-171817.jpg


So it's Saturday late afternoon and I am baking a cake. Say what? Oh yeah, chilling to Pandora's Jack Johnson radio and dreaming of my outfit for tonight. Not a interiors thought on my mind. Scotty just dropped the mail on the dining room table and I noticed an awesome POP of yellow. The kitchen on the cover of this months House Beautiful is ridiculous and of course probably from some super cool LA home or an other unobtainable abode in a land far away.

Not just interested because of the amazing kitchen, I stop perusing the magazine to actually read the article when I see "1940's house" in the first paragraph. I am always wondering how cool people make old bungalows look fresh and new and not old and stuffy. There it is, Charlotte, NC. . .the ninth word down on the first page. Whoop, Whoop. . . .Sweet Home Charlotte. Page 58 with the title JAZZ IT UP.


I am dying over the white-painted table and the bubble glass chandelier. Modern and Traditional mixed perfectly! Also love the change of fabric on the backs of the chairs.




I love the bright yellow table mixed with the vintage "florida" stool and the gray and yellow patterned valances and roman shades. The stools are apparently old tables but whatevvs. . .I love! FYI: She used the same fabric on the bench and ran it horizontally!




The red and white bedroom is patriotic, fresh and perfect! The greek key on the shades and the gold chandelier make it feel so modern. So inviting I wish I was Goldilocks.


Want more? Go to http://www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/ideas/lindsey-coral-harper-0212 to check it out for yourself!

Cheers,

Tay

Oh and my friend Kathy just told me the whole world got this edition two weeks ago and I am so sad. Why do those of us with subscriptions get it last???



No comments:

Post a Comment