Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Lucite Hardware: A Clear Beauty


*our upstairs laundry room doors.


Celerie Kemble says that every room should have a touch of lucite and we know she can't be wrong. After spotting quite a bit of lucite hardware in her books, and just about everywhere, I became just a wee bit obsessed with its lux factor. I searched around on Pinterest the other day to share some pictures of my favorite ways to accent your abode with the timeless material. 





 





 





"Erin" Bar Cabinet with Lucite Hardware


 








Lucite and Metal hardware is perfection.












 




Source: 1stdibs.com via Evan on Pinterest






Just one more reason to drool on over to 1st Dibbs. A pair of Peter Hamburger for KNoll Wall Lamps USA 1960. Lucite Stems and Brass Hardware.




 In search of my very own piece of high style, I followed a lead in Domino Magazine and contacted Claudia at The Paris Apartment. Beside's being an expert Parisian shopper and boutique owner, Claudia's company The Paris Apartment offers custom lucite hardware to fit everyone's needs.  Completely inspired by the hardware I spotted in design magazine's everywhere, I asked her to custom make door pulls to dress up my humdrum laundry room doors.


 













Our new door pulls are so amazing, I almost forget what's behind them. . .











Cheers,














Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment