Sweet Home Charlotte's
Favorite Local Shops
1. Be original and get your design fix on at every one's favorite Plaza Midwood merchant Slate Interiors. The modern building is stocked full of original art, home accessories, furniture and jewelry. The merchants change out their inventory all the time, so check back weekly. Looking for something you don't see, just ask. The girls there will try and track down just about any request. They even found the perfect vendor to custom make a parson's leather studded console for our old playroom and kept it in my budget. Score.
2. I hit up Jeffre Scott Apothecary in Eastover at least once a month for beauty products and a good brow plucking. Yes that's right, the artists at Jeffre Scott do not use wax! Say goodbye to wax burns and hello to perfectly arched eyebrows.
3. Get your "hot as blazes" yoga on with me at Y2 Yoga. Presently under construction, the new "super sized" studio will be ready soon enough! The majority of the classes are full, but the positive energy is worth the wait. Rumor has it that the new studio will have a wine bar and child watch. I may never leave.
4. I literally loved this little shop so much, I managed to schmooze myself a job at Home With Heart. Come and see me on Thursday's and various Friday's and Saturday's through out the year. Owner Lynn -Anne Bruns has the store stocked full of unique gifts, cards, home accessories and the best kids toy section in town. The new baby room upstairs is so precious, it makes even me want another little one.
5. Candace Werkman at Graper Cosmetic Surgery works magic on my skin almost every month, and keeps me coming back for more. She caters every treatment to my skins constantly changing environment, making "top secret" adjustments for everything from the weather to my hormones.
6. Never pay full price, when you don't have too! The exclusive Dilworth consignment shop J.T. Posh has all of my favorite designers with out the high price tags. High end consignors and couture boutiques help stock the store with new and like new items. My absolute favorite winter jacket from Juicy Couture was a late fall score this year. The price tag. . .around $85! Not even Scotty could complain about that!
7. Be Almost Famous at local music venue The Fillmore. The first concert I saw there was the Black Crowes and the last, Young The Giant. Next up Railroad Earth. While I may never actually get to be Penny Lane, I sure can try. . .